The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 imposes duty on all companies to ensure, in so far as reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare or their employees whilst at work and any other person who may be affected by their business activities. It is therefore our policy, through normal operational activity, with the 1974 Act to comply with all applicable regulations and other legal requirements relating to health and safety.
The Company recognises that Health and Safety is amongst the measurable indicators of overall business performance, and will therefore constantly seek to improve its Health and Safety performance.
The Company will therefore, so far as is reasonably practicable;
- Provide and maintain work equipment and systems of work that are safe and without risks to health and safety without risks to health.
- Ensure articles and substances are used, handled, stored and transported safely and without risk to health.
- Provide at all levels information, instruction, training and supervision so that all employees are competent to carryout their duties and responsibility.
- Ensure that all workspaces under the Company control, including, access thereto and egress there from are safe and without risk to health.
- Provide and maintain a working environment, which is healthy, safe and without risk to health and which has adequate facilities and arrangements for the welfare at work for employees.
- Conduct its business so other persons ( e.g. contractors, visitors and members of the general public) who may be affected by the Companies activities, are not exposed to risk to their health and safety.
The Company will take reasonable steps to ensure that our employees fulfil their statutory responsibilities;
- To take care of their own health and safety and that others who may be affected by their actions.
- To co-operate with the Company in matters relating to health and safety.
- To take care of anything provided in the interest of health and safety.
- The Company’s Health and Safety Policy will be reviewed at least annually, and revised as and when necessary.
All employees have a responsibility to comply with the provisions for the organisation and arrangements for health and safety as set out in the Company’s Health and Safety Policy.